You know how kids can be so annoying and so exhausting, you have to laugh about it in order to deal with how insane it is?
That’s where I am right now with my 4 year old waking me up at night. For the most absurd reasons.
My kid isn’t like most little kids who rotate between the “drink of water” and “need to go potty” requests all night long. She prefers to torture me more creatively.
Reasons my 4 year old has woken me up at night:
- To ask me if I’m sleeping.
- She needs a bandaid for an invisible boo boo.
- Her pajamas have a tag that suddenly became itchy.
- To ask me why she can say “Mario” but she can’t say “Luh-lee-gee”.
- (15 mins later) Just letting me know that Mario wears red and “Luh-lee-gee” wears green and did I know those are Christmas colors?
- Checking to see if I remembered that a long, long, long, LONG time ago, she watched Frosty the Snowman.
- To ask if it is anybody’s birthday tomorrow.
- To ask how many days there are until her birthday.
- Screaming, terrified because she is sure she saw one of her stuffed animals move.
- (10 mins later) This time she’s not sure if it moved, but she wants me to get it out of her room anyway.
- Asks, “if sunscreen smells like bananas does that mean it tastes like bananas?”
- To have me dispose of a hangnail that she peeled off.
- She wanted me to tell her again what my name was before my name was Mommy.
- To let me know that she plans on swimming in the deep water when she’s 5. Or maybe 10. But she thinks 5.
- To ask if she will be getting the treat I’ve bribed her with as a reward for not waking me up in the night.
Yeah, I’m pretty sure she doesn’t understand how that bribe is supposed to work 🙄
What ridiculous reasons have your kids had for waking you up in the night? Share your parenting funnies with a comment!
Follow more of our family antics with Our Week in Crappy Cell Phone pics